BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools, Music, A Little of This and That. . .

Goodmorning! It is April 1st, can you believe it? I can't!

I really want to fool someone today, but I have no idea who or how. This is the first year that I've got nothing clever up my sleeve. Anyway, I'm just thrilled that it's April! This is my final month and definitley another busy one- the big project is due April 21st, I take the ESL PLACE test on April 24th (yes, I registered for the RIGHT test this time!), and my last day of student teaching is April 30th. . . and that's it! Then I'll be a free woman. I'm in the home stretch starting today!

It's 9:30am and surprisingly, I'm feeling very awake and well-rested considering the fact I only got 6 hours of sleep last night. I'm back at Joe's Coffee for session two of spending hours working on the BIG project. Oh and for the fabulous coffee too, of course! You know what's funny? I've liked coffee for a few years now, but I didn't really start drinking it a lot until January, when I started student teaching. Before student teaching, I maybe drank it once a week or less, but now it's almost every day. On days I'm really lacking energy in the classroom, its sometimes twice a day! Thank goodness that doesn't happen very often. I've made a deal with myself that once summer gets here, I'm cutting back to drinking it twice a week. . . maybe three times. . . maybe four times if there's a special occasion or something. This is going to be a battle, can't you tell? haha.

On the subject of coffee, I would love to own my own coffee shop someday. I would want to name it after a yoga pose like "Namaste Coffee" or something like that. I think it would be cool to have a jukebox that plays instrumental music like New Age and Classical music, with no vocals. . .it would make the atmosphere much more peaceful. I always bring my laptop and iPod to coffee shops because sometimes the music they play is too much for me when I'm trying to study and I'd rather to listen to something more peaceful and relaxing that I can work to. And what's up with the coffee shops that close at like 7:30pm? I know that I am a person who works better out of the house and I get so much more done when I'm in a social setting like a coffee shop, but I'm usually working away long after 7:30pm! My coffee shop is going to be open from 5:30am until midnight so that people like me can go somewhere that's open late, other than home, to get their work done. I think I'll also have some kind of punch card system for college students where if they buy 9 cups of coffee, then they get a free coffee and pastry the tenth time. . .or something similar to that.

My mind is on music right now after talking about the jukebox I'm going to have in my coffee shop. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of older stuff like Elvis Presley, Elton John, and Fleetwood Mac. It's been good homework music these days. I've also fallen completely in love with Xavier Rudd! He's a little more on the hippie side, but I think he rocks. Itunes categorizes his music in the genre of "pop," but it doesn't sound much like pop music to me. Either way, its good stuff. The other day, someone asked me what my top ten favorite songs are and I had the hardest time answering that question! It kind of just depends on the month, or the week and sometimes even the day. As of right now, at this very moment, here is my list (not in any special order):


1.) "Choices" by Xavier Rudd

2.) "Learning to Fly" by Tom Petty (this song has been on my top favorites list for 5 years now)

3.) "Del Fuego" by Fat Freddy's Drop

4.) "Let's Call it Off" by Peter Bjorn and John

5.) "Twist"by Xavier Rudd

6.) "Volcano" by Jimmy Buffet

7.) "Fidelity" by Regina Spektor

8.) "Send a Message" by The Black Seeds

9.) "Music" by The Beautiful Girls

10.) "Stuck on You" by Elvis Presley


That is quite a random list if I do say so myself! Music is bliss.

I'm looking out the window right now and I guess God is the first to play an April's fools joke on me. . .it's snowing again!








0 comments: