BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Thank God

I just wanted to take a quick moment to say that I am so thankful for what God has blessed me with. I mean it, I am one lucky girl! I have the best friends and family that anyone could ever ask for. You guys have always given me all the love and support that you possibly could, as well as being honest and telling me like it is- even if it's not always the answer or advice I was hoping for (Mother!) I'm thankful for my health, my strength, my faith, and all the love in my heart. I'm thankful for the person that I have become and I owe it all to God.

Today was my first day back to student teaching after spring break, and it definitley wasn't one of the best days I've ever had. Often times when I've had a down day like this (which isn't very often, fortunatley), I just think about my life in comparison to those people who really have it hard. . .starving kids in Africa, the people of Haiti, those battling a terminal illness or drug addiction, the used and abused, the handicapped and disabled, people who don't have freedoms in their own countries. . .My life is a dream compared theirs! As a matter of fact, life is good. This all might sound kind of corny and cheesy, but it's true. I know we all have our bad days, which we're entitled too because we're all human, but seriously we should think twice before judging our "bad" day and ask ourselves, "Was it really that bad?" Probably not. I'm not preaching, but that was just something I wanted to share since it's what comes to my mind when I've had a tough day. . .just something to think about.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, I don't know who you are at all, but I was looking around google blogger to see who else might have the same interests as me and I saw that you loved God then I saw this post and it really made me smile. Thanks for making my day even though you live so far away and I don't know one thing about you. Well, just that you graduated four days ago and congrats on that. I'm still traveling through the road of high school. haha Do you think it would be okay to follow you on your blog? I hope you don't mind. I just think you are a very interesting person and I really hope that didn't sound weird. =)