BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Restless

*THE EYE CLAMP. . .YIKES! ------------->

I can't sleep. . .what else is new? I think I've just got so much going on, along with the mixture of excitement that graduation is just 5 weeks away! I've maybe been functioning on 5, 6-7 hours of sleep these days and even though I've been tired, I've actually been feeling alright during the day. I'm sure once graduation gets here, the excitement will calm down a little and my normal sleep pattern will come back. Thats usually the case when I'm excited.

Well, tomorrow is Easter and my last day in Durango! Then its back to the Front Range on Monday morning and the kids start school again on Tuesday. I think I miss them. . . this morning while I was making pancakes for Mom and I, I was singing and humming to the songs they sang for their music performance back in February. And let me tell ya, with how many rehearsals I got to see, I was tired of hearing those songs and they would be stuck in my head ALL DAY LONG! Yes, I miss them indefinitely and looking forward to Tuesday. I'm curious how everyones spring break went (-:


For me, break went by way too fast- as it tends to do. I can't believe I've been home a week tomorrow, I feel like I just got here. It's been a great visit! I got to see a great bunch of people, including people I haven't seen since graduation. I ate some really good food, I drank lots of Durango Joe's Coffee, napped every day, laughed my heart out, got lots of work done on two big projects, oh and did I mention that even got married?? Yep! April 1st. I walked into Durango Joe's that morning for some glorious coffee and to get some homework done, and there was Oscar. . .it was love at first sight! We got married in Hawaii, came back and honeymooned in Durango for about an hour and then we decided to get a divorce. I told him it was April fools and that I had made a mistake and liked someone else. Luckily, he understood because it all happened so suddenly. Haha. I love April fools, its one day where I'm really allowed to let my imagination go wild. . .with the intention to fool people of course- which I did!

Oh and I had my consultation appointment for LASIK surgery that I'm most likely getting next month. Actually, since I have such bad Astigmatism, the procedure that was recommended for me is called a PRK. It's a similar procedure but its supposed to have more successful results for patients with Astigmatism. The recovery period is a little more extensive than LASIK, but I think it will definitley be worth it. The part I'm not looking forward to is having my eyes clamped open to keep me from blinking during procedure. Nothing about having my eyes "clamped open" sounds comforting. . .I'll survive though, no doubt.

Today was probably the laziest day I've had in awhile and I must say, I loved every moment of it! I made mom and I some banana nut pancakes this morning, went back to sleep for about 3 hours, watched both "Father of the Bride" movies, had a delicious prime rib dinner. . .now I'm watching "Ghost." This has got to be one the few movies that makes me cry every time I watch it. Whoopi Goldberg is hilarious. Definitley a good one though!










0 comments: