BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time

The concept of time is very unique. For all of college, I've been waiting for May 8, 2010 to come and for the most part, its always felt so far away. Now here I am less than a month away from my graduation date, and although its close, it still feels SO FAR AWAY. Sometimes further away than ever. What's up with that? And people say that when you're busy, which I am, that the time goes by faster. I am busier than I've ever been in my life, but the time sure seems to be going by S-L-O-W-L-Y! April is just taking its sweet time and it feels like May is never going to get here. Of course, I know its going to get here. . .I just had to complain that it can't get here soon enough! When I look back to when I started student teaching on January 4th, I can see that the time really has gone by fast.

Anyway, life has been pretty good. Last week was interesting since it was our first week back to school after spring break. The kids were tired and definitley not in school mode. By Friday they were better and I think this week is going to be good. This week and next week are my last two weeks of teaching all day long, and then that last week in April, we are going to transition back to their teaching taking over again. I can't believe how fast my student teaching experience has gone by. I couldn't have been more blessed with such a fantastic school, a great teacher to work with, and of course, the best group of second graders ever! I'm not just saying that because I'm crazy about them. I remember the first time I came to the school in November and talked to the teacher I would be working with, and asking her, "So how is this group of kids?" and she said "they are such a good and incredible group of kids and there are hardly any behavior issues." I remember how curious I was when she told me that. I had my doubts, but I learned quickly that she was absolutely right. This is by far the best class I've ever worked with. I've never met kids so eager to learn. They all have a good sense of humor and I can't believe how sweet and respectful they are to me and to each other. . .most of the time anyway! I had never worked with 2nd grade before this and so far, I think it has been my favorite grade to work with.

Okay, okay I need to stop talking about my kids now otherwise I'm going to get all choked up. The other day while I was on the phone with Mom, she asked me when my last day was and I realized that I had only two and a half weeks left at that point and I broke down in tears! I couldn't believe it. I think I've mentioned this before, but sometimes people who aren't teachers say to me "is that a good thing that you are that attached to your students?" Absolutely! Some people just don't understand that after spending 4 months every week, for 5 hours a day with kids, you get attached. As I've said before, I believe that only the best teachers would develop these feelings and this LOVE, for their students. I know that as a teacher, classes will come and go each year and I'll love them all.

Anyway, its been a great semester and I've learned a lot. But still, I can't wait for May to get here. For a number of reasons I can't wait for it to get here! I can't wait to be done with this craziness so that I can stop and smell the roses again!

0 comments: