BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I know, I know. . .it's been Far too Long!

Pastor Shawn baptizing me!

Ash and I on the Bahamas cruise I won! Freeport, Bahamas

Dad and I after my baptism - This photo speaks 1000 words

Bridesmaids at Laura and Jake's wedding!

FUEL retreat in Winter Park!


Mom and my best friend Joni, after my baptism!

Volunteering! My softball team greeting the kids!

Volunteering at Sun Valley with Joni!


After the Georgetown to Idaho Springs half!
My Punk and I on Thanksgiving Day in Eagle, CO
Wow! Feels so good to be back on my blog! I'm am not going to lie, I forget that I have a blog anymore. . .but then today, I had a lot on my mind while driving home and wanted to write it all down. . .and then it hit me, "Hey Jess! Remember that thing called blogging that you used to love??" I need to write in my blog more often I've decided, because I absolutely love to write and speak my mind- as most of you, my friends, already know ;)
One thing I was thinking about on the drive home tonight is how 2011 is over already! I reflected on this year and just thought about literally everything! From struggling to find a job once substitute teaching ended, amazing friends I've met, even friends I've lost, having the running bug hit me again BIG time, all the ice cream, Mom giving me the jeep with the BEAST engine, volunteering . . .you get the picture. EVERYTHING! I felt myself smiling and thinking,"Wow, God is Great!" This year naturally, had ups and downs, but because of Him I got through it all and had by far one of the very best years of my life.
At the start of this year, I didn't really know what to expect! Most of my life and going to school, I always knew what was coming. . .but after graduation in May 2010, holy cow! Hello WORLD! It was the first time that I had no idea what was coming next. I had hopes and ideas of where I'd might be and where I'd want to go and do, but let me tell ya. . .I've learned that things don't always go as planned! Even though I didn't get a permanent teaching position this year, God blessed 2011 in a way that I never expected and in way that was far better than I could have ever even hoped for! The best thing that has happened for me this year is my relationship with God.
Even though I was saved 2 years ago, I spent real time with Him and we've never been closer :) At this point, I can't imagine not being at the level I have reached with my Lord and Savior. Even though this year had stressful times, I feel that I have changed in the way that I handle things and I've never felt so much joy (even when nothing exciting or amazing has happened). . .as I've said before on numerous facebook statuses, the Joy that can ONLY come from God! I just feel peaceful in most situations I get tied up in, even if they are stressful. I find that I'm nicer to people, especially people I don't even know. I'm caring less all the time of what people thing of me cause I finally have it in my head that all that matters is HIS opinion. That alone has made me learn to love myself as well- I think people don't realize how important it is to love one's self. This was my first year of being really involved in volunteer work and helping people who are living in poverty, the elderly, at-risk children, and basically working in settings where people really need to be loved and understand God's love for them. This volunteering has changed my heart completely and each time I do it, I feel my heart as happy as it can possibly be (although you see things that are sad and even devastating). . .just such an incredibly enriching experience and I honestly can't get enough of it! If you have never voluteered before, you need to try it; it will change your life!
FUEL (20 somethings group at my church) has also changed my life and made it so so much better! I have made lifelong friends in the 6 months or so that I have been attending. In that short time, I can confidently without a doubt, tell yout that there are a handful of friends who will ALWAYS be there for me. . .as well as me be there for them. We had our first amazing, incredible retreat in October, where we got to make new friends and grow closer to each other and to God. That retreat changed me in a really positive way, and to tell you the truth I'm still not sure exactly HOW or what I mean by that. I guess I just felt even closer to God, very thankful for the friends I've made through FUEL, and just so thankful for all that I have. I've told a few people that what amazes me about God is that He chooses us and I don't understand why he put me here in Colorado- one of the most beautiful places, why he gave me the BEST set of parents that anyone could have, gave me the friends, the opportunities, and just EVERYTHING that I have been blessed with. . .when He could have decided instead that I should be born in Africa with aids. I'll never know why, I'll never know how, but I thank God every single day for giving me the life that I have- EVERY aspect of it. Don't get me wrong, although I'm thankful for what I do have, I have dreams and goals like everyone else does but I always pray for His Will and not mine. It's not the easiest thing to do I'll admit, but at this point in my almost 24 years of life, things may not have gone as planned but as I look at my life now, I see that He has taken the BEST care of me through all these years, even before I Believed. I'm just going to keep Trusting Him and I know that my future is going to be better than anything I could probably even come close to imagining!

Joyce Meyer has also been a huge part of my life this year!  Incredible preacher if you have never heard of her- I always listen to her podcasts when I run and watch her shows on her website. I love her book "Battlefield of the Mind" and I just bought her Daily Devotionals book, "The Confident Woman." She says one of my very favorite sayings relating to growing as a Christian: "I may not be where I want to be but thank God I'm not where I used to be, but I'm okay and I'm on MY WAY!" Amen to that!
Anyway, wow! I meant to tell you guys about numerous things on my mind, but as most girls tend to do I got off on a tanget about the Love of My Life- My Lord! I'm feeling so good right now ;) I've lost some friends because of my "becoming a Jesus freak," but I wouldn't trade it for anything and it has taught me who my true friends really are. I'm still the same silly, blunt, laughing, clumsy, nonstop, ice-cream loving Jessica Taylor, who has so many blonde moments at times that people wonder why I came out brunette! :P I just love God now, that's the only thing that's different!
Well, it's close to bedtime so I'll come back sometime this week and write the other things that have been on my mind! Goodnight all!
p.s. Sorry for typos or grammar errors (and yes I did get an English specialty with my Elem Ed degree), but I'm a tad tired and this is MY blog, so there! :P

0 comments: