BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 8, 2010 is Over. . .


It's Tuesday May 11th, and I can't believe that graduation has come and passed already. I have waited my whole life for my college graduation day May 8, 2010 to come. . .it always felt so far away no matter how close it got and now that it's over, I kind of don't know what to think about it. Of course, I couldn't be happier to finally be done with my undergrad and have my degree, but now I kind of have that feeling now of "what now?"


I have applied for lots of teaching positions in and around the Denver area and am patiently waiting to hear back from school districts. This isn't really a good time to be applying for teaching positions in a lot of places so I'm not getting my hopes up about anything and I know that the right position will come up at the right time. If I don't get something by the fall, I just might have to do something else for a little while, which I think is okay. I still know that teaching is the right field for me, no questions asked.

This summer I'll still be living in Golden and I'll be working for two different families nannying and tutoring their children. The kids are between the ages of 3 and 8 years and I'm so excited that I'll be around youngsters again! I've already spent a lot of time with all of the kids and I'm already crazy about them. Not surprising right? I will also be doing some housesitting on the side, which I always enjoy.

I'm going to miss Durango this summer, but I'm coming down for a visit during Dad's 50th birthday on the weekend of June 25th. On the other hand, I'm really excited to see what I'll get myself into this summer up here in the Denver area. . .


Reality still kind of hasn't set in yet that I am finished with college. It's so weird coming home and not having homework or something that I absolutley need to be doing that is related to school. A lot of people keep asking me if I'll go back and get my masters and the answer is yes! I want to go back to school within a year or so and start working on my masters in Special Education. I'm really looking forward to it, but for now I need a little break from school, haha.


That's pretty much what's going on right now for me. I've very very happy and still can't believe I'm a UNC grad! I couldn't have done it without GOD, my amazing family and friends. I love you all very much! Now that I've accomplished the biggest goal I've ever set for myself, now its time to do some more and I'm excited to see where my next journey will begin. . .


0 comments: